Monday, March 9, 2009

Pony Cart

We had too many horses. The fact we are getting ready to move forced me to accept this. I sold three of them, and this weekend I did some "horse trading". That is similar in some ways to "going to see a man about a dog". That means no one will know what you are coming home with, including yourself.



What I came home with was a pony cart for Moonbeam, (the pony) to learn to pull. I am pretty sure he is not going to be thrilled by this.






















But the girls certainly were.






































Teaching Daisy to pull the cart.

That flexible corrugated black pipe is the most horrifying thing my horses have ever seen and they are terrified by it and the noise that it makes when it is pulled over gravel. I make them pull it around until they get used to it being around them- they can wig out as much as they want and no one gets hurt.
















Daisy teaching Isabelle to pull the cart.






















With gas prices being what they are, maybe I should open a rickshaw service.







Isabelle received a harness for Moonbeam from Santa, and we have been teaching him to drive. However, that rattling cart is a whole new experience and he is not sure about that *at all*. I think another post at another time on that experience will be good.

1 comment:

sarahsvegetablepatch said...

Hi! I think I found your blog through Gardenweb. Your new house looks wonderful! And you are very organised with those raised beds. I've recently moved too, and need to build raised beds before long. Best of luck with the house and garden!

Sarah