Monday, March 9, 2009

New Garden







We are getting close to finishing the house, so I am starting my garden- it is a bit late, but anyone who has ever built a house knows there are delays and hey, better late than never. We have red clay so I have taken delivery of a mountain of pine fines and cow manure. I will plant mostly in raised beds, we started building them yesterday. I thought I would post my current planting list and "raw clay" photos and try and keep updating as we go along- I did this with my last garden and really enjoyed having a "progress bar" to go back to when I felt bummed that I was not getting enough done. I would *love* any insight and/or suggestions, successes/failures- I am excited about trying some things I couldn't before- some experiments- things people have told me probably wouldn't grow here but that I cannot resist trying like raspberries, apples, cherries and asparagus. I am so excited, but trying not to bite off more than I can chew because I am also doing the other landscaping around the house as well. Anyway- off to build more raised beds! These photos are of a little bit of Spring that Rosemary put together in a container.














I thought she did a great job!





No comments: