Monday, March 9, 2009

New Garden- Raised Beds

When you are faced with poorly drained soil, raised beds are wonderful. They also allow you to grow some things, like certain herbs, that would not thrive in wet conditions. Mainly, I just love how they look. I am using rot resistant cypress boards that are not treated. They are 10"x12' and most of our beds will be 8' x 4'. We did build two beds that are 12' x 4' for the asparagus.



My helpers............




My materials and tools.......






My materials cut into proper lengths.......
8 x 4 raised beds for vegetables and ornamentals. And filthy little girls.
I only have these stacked for the sake of neatness, the beds will not be this high. Three 8x4s and two 12x4 asparagus beds. The girls had fun helping to drive the screws and then playing house.
Maybe this will make them eat their boiled turnips.
Not really.

No comments: