Sunday, January 31, 2010

Need headphones ASAP

The local music store and an auto glass store recently co-sponsored an essay contest. The essay had to be postmarked by December 31. The topic was "How I Would Make the World a Better Place" and the grand prize was an electric guitar with all the trimmings. Rosemary was beside herself over the prospect of such a glorious prize and set to work immediately. The hustle and bustle of the Christmas season caught up with us and Rosemary decided to mail it in after Christmas. We were called Christmas morning with the news that my Daddy was in the hospital. So, we threw everything in the car and drove to Greenville, without another thought of the essay. Daddy ended up requiring surgery, and the girls and I stayed in Greenville while Kevin came back home. On New Year's Eve day, Rosemary said " Well, I guess I can enter the essay next year." She had mostly finished, but I had forgotten completely about it. I called Kevin and asked him to try and get home and print whatever part of the essay that Rosemary had written and get it in the mail. He was able to, and I really didn't think much more about it. A few weeks later, we get a phone call announcing that Rosemary had won the essay! She was absolutely beside herself, and I was dumbfounded, having never won anything in my life.

Anyway, does anyone have any headphones we can borrow? (Please. The whammy bar is her favorite thing.)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: